Resources For Family Physicians...
Special Topics of Interest
- ICD-10 Compliance - October 1, 2015, is the new ICD-10 compliance date. To help your practice with this transition, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services' (CMS) is introducing its new Road to 10 Program. Developed in collaboration with small practice physicians from a variety of specialties, Road to 10 provides free and actionable tools, information, and training to support your ICD-10 journey. As part of the Road to 10 Program, CMS has also launched webcasts and training designed to support your ICD-10 transition. On the left-hand navigation menu of the Road to 10 homepage, click the "Webcasts" tab to view the latest on-demand sessions, or click the "Events" tab for more information about in-person training opportunities.
- Video - Someone You Love - The HPV Epidemic - Link shared by request of the Minnesota Department of Health. Narrated by Vanessa Williams. The Human Papilloma Virus HPV may be the most widespread, misunderstood and potentially dangerous epidemic that most people hardly know anything about. 80 percent of all people under 50 years of age will have a strain of the virus at some point in their lives and most will not even realize they have it. Cervical cancer is almost exclusively caused by HPV and it is the 2nd leading cancer in women. Worldwide, cervical cancer kills over 250,000 women every year. Meet five unforgettable women whose lives have been changed forever and even interrupted by this deadly virus.
- Single Payer Options – Report to the 2014 House of Delegates
- How Do I Register the Death of A Patient? - Follow the link get information about the Minnesota Registration and Certification (MR&C) system. MR&C permits physicians or their authorized staff to quickly and accurately complete cause of death any time from any internet-connected computer and from any location.
- Need a Contract Review? - The MAFP sponsors Minnesota Web Recruitment through the National Rural Health Resource Center in Duluth. One of their services is an employment contract review.
- How Do I Get Trained & Certified in FMCSA Physical Qualification Standards? - The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) program requires all medical examiners who wish to perform physical examinations for interstate commercial motor vehicle drivers to be trained and certified in FMCSA physical qualification standards.
- Where Can I Find Health Care Directives & Educational Materials on End-of-Life Care Planning? - Honoring Choices Minnesota hopes to inspire and support many community-based conversations regarding end-of-life care planning.